Return to Athletics
On 29th May we published version one of our roadmap for Lifting Athletics out of Lockdown mapped against the 4 phases of the Welsh Government's unlocking Our Society and Economy plan - Black, Red, Amber & Green. Timescales for implementation of our plan will be dictated by the lifting of Welsh Government restrictions. We are continuing to liaise on a daily basis with colleagues in the other home nations athletics federations to ensure consistency and clarity where possible despite the differences in the speed and nature of the easing of restrictions.
Following the lifting of travel restrictions on Monday 7th July and the increase in group sizes permitted for sport from 13th July, most elements of our sport are now in the Amber phase of the return to athletics as mapped out in the Lifting Athletics out of Lockdown document. Any activity should still take place within the latest Welsh Government guidelines.
Below you'll find the latest more detailed guidance for each element of the sport. This guidance will be evolving as Government guidance and restrictions change, and as learning about the COVID19 virus continues, so please keep checking to ensure you are following the latest versions.
- Test, Trace & Protect guidance for the 'Responsible Person'
- Traffic light system for Local Lockdown situations - currently Caerphilly = Red, RCT & Merthyr = Amber, all other Local Authority areas are Green.
- [09/07/20] The jumps sections of the Club Activity, Training, and Providing Facilities guidance have all been updated. All these documents are hence now in Version 2.
- [10/7/20] Return to Group Running updated [Version 2] following Welsh Govt. announcement allowing supervised groups of up to 30 to come together for Sport.
- [13/7/20] Return to Providing Facilty use updated [Version 3] & Return to Club Activity guidance updated [V3]
- [17/7/20] Return to Coaching updated [Version 2] & Test, Trace & Protect guidance added.
- [22/7/20] Return to Track & Field Competition, Return to Road Running & Multi Terrain racing, & Return to Officiating guidance documents added
- [19/8/20] Jumps sections of Return to Club Activity [Version 4], Return to Providing Facility Use [V4], Return to Track & Field Competition[V2], and Return to Officiating[V2] all updated.
- [09/9/20] Return to Track & Field updated [Version 3] - alternate lanes for sprints. Return to Cross Country guidance added [V1]
This guidance document for clubs covers:
- Safety/COVID-19 Officer and Working Group
- Working with a Facility Provider / Operator
- Before Club Activity / Training
- During Club Activity / Training
- After Club Activity / Training
- Track & Field Specific Guidance
- Off Track Specific Guidance
Return to Club Activity Guidance -NB we are now on version 4