Welsh Athletics – Benefits of Affiliation and Registration
Athlete registration forms part of the UKA Rules for competition. Eligibility to enter competitions as a club or individual depends on affiliation (club) and registration (individual) status. Please see www.britishathletics.org.uk/competitions/rules for full information.
Benefits to individuals registered with Welsh Athletics:
- Insurance cover to protect you whilst you take part in the sport.
- Every registered member will be issued with a unique registration number and access to an individual profile on the UK registration system.
- An individual athlete profile linked to the Power of 10 / Run Britain.
- 10% Discount on Physique Sports Products - Click here to view their full range Use CODE: WA15 to get your discount
- 10% off Podiatry appointments costs with ACE Feet in Motion with proof of membership
- 20% off Aftershokz Headphones and LED Lenser Head torches via Sports Rewards with CODE: WA20
- 15% off Runderwear products with code: WA15
- 10% off Orthotix products with CODE: WELSHATH10
- In addition, affiliated club registered members also receive a £2 discount on race entry fees across a number of licensed road race events.
- Welsh Athletics also provides a year-round competition programme across all disciplines, all age groups, all ability levels and all regions. Club members are eligible to compete at championship events (regional and national) as well as international opportunities (as appropriate).
- Access to national and regional events, Webinars, conferences and technical workshops that support coaches, officials, athletes and volunteers across the sport, plus a full back catalogue of online content via YouTube
- Eligibility for offers from British Athletics events.
- You will also receive (optional) regular newsletters and updates from Welsh Athletics keeping you up to date with the latest news stories and developments across the sport.
- You will be eligible for discounted coaching course fees when accessing the formal coach education pathway. (Leadership in Running Fitness, Coaching Assistant, Athletics Coach, and Coach in Running Fitness qualification).