Welsh Athletics – Benefits of Affiliation and Registration
Athlete registration forms part of the UKA Rules for competition. Eligibility to enter competitions as a club or individual depends on affiliation (club) and registration (individual) status. Please see www.britishathletics.org.uk/competitions/rules for full information.
Benefits to individuals registered with Welsh Athletics:
- Insurance cover to protect you whilst you take part in the sport.
- Every registered member will be issued with a unique registration number and access to an individual profile on the UK registration system.
- An individual athlete profile linked to the Power of 10 / Run Britain.
- All registered members receive £10 off entry to the Cardiff University Cardiff Half Marathon. In addition, affiliated club registered members also receive a £2 discount on race entry fees across a number of licenced road race events.
- You will be eligible for discounted coaching courses fees when accessing the formal coach education pathway. (Leadership in Running Fitness, Coaching Assistant, Athletics Coach and Coach in Running Fitness qualification).
- Welsh Athletics also provides a year-round competition programme across all disciplines, all age groups, all ability levels and all regions. Club members are eligible to compete at championship events (regional and national) as well as international opportunities (as appropriate).
- Access to national and regional events, seminars, conferences and technical workshops that support coaches, officials, athletes and volunteers across the sport.
- Eligibility for offers from British Athletics events.
- You will also receive (optional) regular newsletters and updates from Welsh Athletics keeping you up to date with the latest news stories and developments across the sport.
- Membership offers with DWFF gyms and 10% off in DW stores.
- 20% off Aftershokz headphones via Sports Rewards
- 20% off Runderwear.