Here you'll find all the information, forms and resources needed to be an official with Welsh Athletics.
– Take a look at the results of our 2020 Officials Satisfaction Survey here.
– Stay up to date on latest news, training, development opportunities SUBSCRIBE to the Welsh Athletics Officials newsletter.
T&F Officials Event Availability form for 2021 events (May - September).
North Wales are looking for Officials for 3 T&F events
- An evening of relays at Treborth Athletics Track - Tuesday 3rd August 6-9pm
- North Wales Run With The Wind at Wrexham - Saturday 21st August 2-5pm
- Menai T&F open at Treborth - Sunday 12th September 10am - 4pm
Please express your interest to officiate in North Wales T&F Summer 2021 competitions here.
Endurance Officials availability form (TBC).
Please see attached 'How to use Zoom guide'.
Take a look at the news item 'Conference summary - The first #Unite Virtual Officials & Volunteers Conference'
Pre-recorded content is now avaliable for the following virtual workshops:
Recruiting, Retaining and Valuing volunteers - Zoe Holloway, Eva Brewer & Barry Edwards
Behind the scenes: Seeding & Results workshop – Darran Williams
Presentation with Audio:
Event Adjudicator Workshop - Nigel Jones (Race Organiser & UKA Level 4 Endurance Official)
Officials & Volunteer Mental Well-being - Georgia White (Mental Health Professional)
*Instructions - click Slide Show then click From Beginning (the sound will start automatically).
Presentation only for UKA T&F Officials Pathway Level 1-5 by Sue Maughan & Geoff Wickens.
Full timetable click here.
Check out our 2nd edition of the T&F Official's Welcome Pack Endurance Official's Welcome Pack coming soon....
- Officials Newsletter 1
- Officials Newsletter 2
- Officials Newsletter 3 - Competition update virtual racing platform
- Officials Newsletter 4 - OpenTrack demo site learning
- Officials Newsletter 5 - Launch Officials rewards scheme
- Officials Newsletter 6 - 2020 Officials Satisfaction Survey results
- Officials Newsletter 7 - Upgrading February - April 2020
- Officials Newsletter 8 - Volunteer week nominations
- Officials Newsletter 9 - Lifting Athletics out of Lockdown roadmap
- Officials Newsletter 10 - Wellbeing & EDM video guides
- Officials Newsletter 11 - Officials COVID-19 survey
- Officials Newsletter 12 - Return to Athletics Guidance release
- Officials Newsletter 13 - Upgrading June 2020
- Officials Newsletter 14 - Two new Non-Exec Board of Directors & family/work wellbeing
- Officials Newsletter 15 - Road Race organisers webinar schedule
- Officials Newsletter 16 - Return to On & Off Track Competition & Officiating guidance
- Officials Newsletter 17 - Launch of Welsh Athletics Pilot Competitions
- Officials Newsletter 18 - Official Education returns online
- Officials Newsletter 19 - Return of Competition & Regional vacancies
- Officials Newsletter 20 - Cardiff Cross Challenge Update
- Officials Newsletter 21 - WA Officials' Equality Survey 2020 & Return to XC guidance released
- Officials Newsletter 22 - Local lockdowns update & Road Racing Returns in Wales
- Officials Newsletter 23 - Newly appointed T&F Officials committee roles
- Officials Newsletter 24 - The latest Officials to upgrade June - September
- Officials Newsletter 25 - 2020 Award Winners
- Officials Newsletter 26 - Competition & Officiating guidance updates
- Officials Newsletter 27 - A thank you from the CEO of Welsh Athletics
- Officials Newsletter 2021 - 1 - Officials Reward Scheme update & 2020 upgrades
- Officials Newsletter 2021 - 2 - Launching the Coffee Connect Chat series
- Officials Newsletter 2021 - 3 - Officials/Volunteers well-being calendar
- Officials Newsletter 2021 - 4 - Welsh Athletics #Unite Virtual Officials & Volunteers Conference
- Officials Newsletter 2021 - 5 - Elite competition returns to Wales
- Officials Newsletter 2021 - 6 - Conference summary
- Officials Newsletter 2021 - 7 - Return to T&F Competition updates
- Officials Newsletter 2021 - 8 - Virtual classroom Level 1 Starter/Starter Assistant
- Officials Newsletter 2021 - 9 - May edition
- Officials Newsletter 2021 - 10 - June edition
Re-watch Radio Protocol Officials webinar
On the 16th September 2020, a webinar was delivered by John Driscoll National Level 4 Field Judge Official.
Description - From starting a call to ending one. Focus on brevity, clarity and some fundamentals to ensure you're following international protocols. Covering the controls (PTT, channel, squelch) and procedures applicable to anyone using a radio at athletics meetings up to national level.
Audience: Recommended Level 2 upwards.
TESS equipment Officials training video
Delivered by Rob Hooper Level 3 Starter Official.
Description - step by step running through the set up of the electronic starting system in under 10 minutes.
Audience - Starters/Starters Assistants all levels
EDM assembling videos
What does EDM stand for? Electronic Distance Measuring kit which is made up of 3 items inside the EDM box delivered by Bob Hammond.
Assembling the parts:
Video 1 - Setting up and placement of the machiene
Video 2 - EDM Powering up and programming
Video 3 - Tips & Tricks
Help Guides for Live Field data input
Competition Management - Field Events - Live Recording - Vertical Jumps WATCH HERE
Competition Management - Field Events - Live Recording - Horizontal Jumps & Throws WATCH HERE
Behind the scenes: Seeding & Results workshop (Darran Williams)
- Seeding Part 1 WATCH HERE
- Seeding Part 2 (Championships)
3. Field Results Input High Jump WATCH HERE
4. Field Results Input Long Jump WATCH HERE
The Role of an Event Adjudicator presentation including audio (Nigel Jones)
Once you have opened the PowerPoint click Slide Show, next click From Beginning then the sound will start automatically.
Athletics Hub, is the booking system for all qualification and development opportunities for officials. This system is being used by all Home Country Athletics Federations and British Athletics. For more infomation on how to navigate Athletics Hub click here.
Coffee Connect Chat Series
The last 12 months have been challenging, therefore it is really important that throughout this time everyone prioritises their own mental well-being. To reconnect the Officials/Volunteers community during this period we are launching the Coffee Connect Chat series.This series started with 'Time to Talk day' Thursday 4th February 2021.
Topic: Mental well-being with Guest Speaker Georgia White, Mental Health professional that has a vast amount of experience in both public and private sector. The Officials/Volunteers well-being session covered promoting positive mental health - the benefits linked with volunteering, the importance of mental well-being, and relaxation techniques. The session included real examples throughout and highlighted resources to visit for further support.
If you missed the repeated session at the Welsh Athletics virtual Officials/Volunteers Conference 2021 here is the presentation with audio - Officials & Volunteer Mental Well-being
OUR NEXT COFFEE CONNECT CHAT DROP IN - Wednesday 31st March 2021 18:00 - 19:00pm
We welcome you to join us for a virtual coffee/tea and to interact with friends in the officials'/volunteers community.
Register in advance for this meeting HERE
(After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting).
This session has no key topic just an informal catch up opportunity.
Please get in touch with suggestions for future session topics firstname.lastname@example.org
Also take a look at the Officials/Volunteers well-being calendar for March!
Keep your mind active - some challenges for you:
- Track and Field Wordsearch
- Track and Field Wordsearch 2
- Track and Field Wordsearch 3
- Track and Field Wordsearch 4
- Athletics Crossword
- Athletics Crossword 2
- Quiz - A Question of Welsh Athletics
Mental well-being - Bitesize Self Care series presented by Sarah Carvell Sport Psychologist Sport Wales
Coping with change presented by Louise Jones Lead Sport Psychologist Sport Wales
Keep yourself active: Welsh Athletics 'Mile-A-Day' (MAD) Firebreak Challenge / Milltir Y Dydd
Keep learning Webinar - Changes within the new UKA rules for competition 2020-2022. Delivered by Peter Crawshaw, Tim Soutar and John Temperton.
Webinar - Role of a field referee Delivered by John Driscoll.
Webinar - Officiating Off-Track Endurance events from Grass Roots to Championships. Delivered by Arwel Williams & Graham Heeley.
Webinar - Gadgets & Gizmos within T&F officiating (Part 1). Delivered by Steve Marshall.
Webinar - The Role of Technical Manager Delivered by Mick Frazer.
Put your officiating knowledge to the test with a series of officiating questions to help educate and reinforce learning for new and experienced officials: