Here you'll find all the information, forms and resources needed to be an official with Welsh Athletics.
– Take a look at the results of our 2020 Officials Satisfaction Survey here.
– Stay up to date on latest news, training, development opportunities SUBSCRIBE to the Welsh Athletics Officials newsletter.
Are you interested in attending a Level 1 course Officials course? Please complete the survey expression of interest form.
Check out our 2nd edition of the T&F Official's Welcome Pack Endurance Official's Welcome Pack coming soon....
- Officials Newsletter 1
- Officials Newsletter 2
- Officials Newsletter 3 - Competition update virtual racing platform
- Officials Newsletter 4 - OpenTrack demo site learning
- Officials Newsletter 5 - Launch Officials rewards scheme
- Officials Newsletter 6 - 2020 Officials Satisfaction Survey results
- Officials Newsletter 7 - Upgrading February - April 2020
- Officials Newsletter 8 - Volunteer week nominations
- Officials Newsletter 9 - Lifting Athletics out of Lockdown roadmap
- Officials Newsletter 10 - Wellbeing & EDM video guides
- Officials Newsletter 11 - Officials COVID-19 survey
- Officials Newsletter 12 - Return to Athletics Guidance release
- Officials Newsletter 13 - Upgrading June 2020
- Officials Newsletter 14 - Two new Non-Exec Board of Directors & family/work wellbeing
- Officials Newsletter 15 - Road Race organisers webinar schedule
- Officials Newsletter 16 - Return to On & Off Track Competition & Officiating guidance
- Officials Newsletter 17 - Launch of Welsh Athletics Pilot Competitions
- Officials Newsletter 18 - Official Education returns online
- Officials Newsletter 19 - Return of Competition & Regional vacancies
- Officials Newsletter 20 - Cardiff Cross Challenge Update
- Officials Newsletter 21 - WA Officials' Equality Survey 2020 & Return to XC guidance released
Thank you to officials for submitting T&F event availability for 2020 events, we will be in touch around these events.
Endurance Officials please submit your 2020-21 availability (form TBC).
Keep your mind active - some challenges for you:
- Track and Field Wordsearch
- Track and Field Wordsearch 2
- Track and Field Wordsearch 3
- Track and Field Wordsearch 4
- Athletics Crossword
- Athletics Crossword 2
- Quiz - A Question of Welsh Athletics
Mental wellbeing - Bitesize Self Care series presented by Sarah Carvell Sport Psychologist Sport Wales
Coping with change presented by Louise Jones Lead Sport Psychologist Sport Wales
Keep yourself active: Officials Step challenge
Keep learning Webinar - Changes within the new UKA rules for competition 2020-2022. Delivered by Peter Crawshaw, Tim Soutar and John Temperton.
Webinar - Role of a field referee Delivered by John Driscoll.
Webinar - Officiating Off-Track Endurance events from Grass Roots to Championships. Delivered by Arwel Williams & Graham Heeley.
What does EDM stand for? Electronic Distance Measuring kit which is made up of 3 items inside the EDM box delivered by Bob Hammond.
Assembling the parts:
Video 1 - Setting up and placement of the machiene
Video 2 - EDM Powering up and programming
Video 3 - Tips & Tricks
Webinar - Gadgets & Gizmos within T&F officiating (Part 1). Delivered by Steve Marshall.
Webinar - The Role of Technical Manager Delivered by Mick Frazer.
Radio procedure for Athletics events handout - John Driscoll
Put your officiating knowledge to the test with a series of officiating questions to help educate and reinforce learning for new and experienced officials: