Here you'll find all the information, forms and resources needed to be an official with Welsh Athletics.
– Take a look at the results of our 2020 Officials Satisfaction Survey here.
– Stay up to date on latest news, training, development opportunities SUBSCRIBE to the Welsh Athletics Officials newsletter.
Are you interested in attending a Level 1 course Officials course? Please complete the survey expression of interest form.
Check out our 2nd edition of the T&F Official's Welcome Pack Endurance Official's Welcome Pack coming soon....
Coffee Connect Chat Series
The last 12 months have been challenging, therefore it is really important that throughout this time everyone prioritises their own mental well-being. To reconnect the Officials/Volunteers community during this period we are launching the Coffee Connect Chat series.
This series will start with 'Time to Talk day' we welcome you to join us for a virtual coffee/tea and to interact with friends in the officials' community.
Event day: Thursday 4th February 2021
Event time: 13:30-14:30pm
Event registration link HERE
Topic: Mental well-being with Guest Speaker Georgia White, Mental Health professional that has a vast amount of experience in both public and private sector.
Also take a look at the Officials/Volunteers well-being calendar for February!
Use the ideas and suggestions in this well-being calendar to improve your well-being, stay connected to others and to join upcoming Welsh Athletics virtual events. You can fill in the blanks yourself, with your own thoughts and ideas.
Keep your mind active - some challenges for you:
- Track and Field Wordsearch
- Track and Field Wordsearch 2
- Track and Field Wordsearch 3
- Track and Field Wordsearch 4
- Athletics Crossword
- Athletics Crossword 2
- Quiz - A Question of Welsh Athletics
Mental well-being - Bitesize Self Care series presented by Sarah Carvell Sport Psychologist Sport Wales
Coping with change presented by Louise Jones Lead Sport Psychologist Sport Wales
Keep yourself active: Welsh Athletics 'Mile-A-Day' (MAD) Firebreak Challenge / Milltir Y Dydd
Keep learning Webinar - Changes within the new UKA rules for competition 2020-2022. Delivered by Peter Crawshaw, Tim Soutar and John Temperton.
Webinar - Role of a field referee Delivered by John Driscoll.
Webinar - Officiating Off-Track Endurance events from Grass Roots to Championships. Delivered by Arwel Williams & Graham Heeley.
Webinar - Gadgets & Gizmos within T&F officiating (Part 1). Delivered by Steve Marshall.
Webinar - The Role of Technical Manager Delivered by Mick Frazer.
Put your officiating knowledge to the test with a series of officiating questions to help educate and reinforce learning for new and experienced officials:
- Officials Newsletter 1
- Officials Newsletter 2
- Officials Newsletter 3 - Competition update virtual racing platform
- Officials Newsletter 4 - OpenTrack demo site learning
- Officials Newsletter 5 - Launch Officials rewards scheme
- Officials Newsletter 6 - 2020 Officials Satisfaction Survey results
- Officials Newsletter 7 - Upgrading February - April 2020
- Officials Newsletter 8 - Volunteer week nominations
- Officials Newsletter 9 - Lifting Athletics out of Lockdown roadmap
- Officials Newsletter 10 - Wellbeing & EDM video guides
- Officials Newsletter 11 - Officials COVID-19 survey
- Officials Newsletter 12 - Return to Athletics Guidance release
- Officials Newsletter 13 - Upgrading June 2020
- Officials Newsletter 14 - Two new Non-Exec Board of Directors & family/work wellbeing
- Officials Newsletter 15 - Road Race organisers webinar schedule
- Officials Newsletter 16 - Return to On & Off Track Competition & Officiating guidance
- Officials Newsletter 17 - Launch of Welsh Athletics Pilot Competitions
- Officials Newsletter 18 - Official Education returns online
- Officials Newsletter 19 - Return of Competition & Regional vacancies
- Officials Newsletter 20 - Cardiff Cross Challenge Update
- Officials Newsletter 21 - WA Officials' Equality Survey 2020 & Return to XC guidance released
- Officials Newsletter 22 - Local lockdowns update & Road Racing Returns in Wales
- Officials Newsletter 23 - Newly appointed T&F Officials committee roles
- Officials Newsletter 24 - The latest Officials to upgrade June - September
- Officials Newsletter 25 - 2020 Award Winners
- Officials Newsletter 26 - Competition & Officiating guidance updates
- Officials Newsletter 27 - A thank you from the CEO of Welsh Athletics
- Officials Newsletter 2021 - 1 - Officials Reward Scheme update & 2020 upgrades
- Officials Newsletter 2021 - 2 - Launching the Coffee Connect Chat series
- Officials Newsletter 2021 - 3 - Officials/Volunteers well-being calendar
- Officials Newsletter 2021 - 4 - Welsh Athletics #Unite Virtual Officials & Volunteers Conference
Re-watch Radio Protocol Officials webinar
On the 16th September, a webinar was delivered by John Driscoll National Level 4 Field Judge Official.
Description - From starting a call to ending one. Focus on brevity, clarity and some fundamentals to ensure you're following international protocols. Covering the controls (PTT, channel, squelch) and procedures applicable to anyone using a radio at athletics meetings up to national level.
Audience: Recommended Level 2 upwards.
TESS equipment Officials training video
Delivered by Rob Hooper Level 3 Starter Official.
Description - step by step running through the set up of the electronic starting system in under 10 minutes.
Audience - Starters/Starters Assistants all levels
EDM assembling videos
What does EDM stand for? Electronic Distance Measuring kit which is made up of 3 items inside the EDM box delivered by Bob Hammond.
Assembling the parts:
Video 1 - Setting up and placement of the machiene
Video 2 - EDM Powering up and programming
Video 3 - Tips & Tricks
Help Guides for Live Field data input
Competition Management - Field Events - Live Recording - Vertical Jumps WATCH HERE
Competition Management - Field Events - Live Recording - Horizontal Jumps & Throws WATCH HERE
Thank you to officials for submitting T&F event availability for 2020 events, we will be in touch around these events.
Endurance Officials please submit your 2020-21 availability (form TBC).
Athletics Hub, is the booking system for all qualification and development opportunities for officials. This system is being used by all Home Country Athletics Federations and British Athletics. For more infomation on how to navigate Athletics Hub click here.