The Board of Directors is Welsh Athletics’ key decision-making body. The Board provides leadership, takes account of the stakeholders’ interests, and is accountable both for its own decisions and the actions of Welsh Athletics as a whole. Minutes of meetings of the Board and its subgroups.
The Board of Directors
- Steve Perks (Chair)
- Sue Alvey (Chair of General Council)
- Dr Nicky Lewis (Chair of Governance Sub-Group)
- Adrian Thomas (Chair of Performance Sub-Group)
- Nick Everitt (Chair of Finance Sub-Group)
- Helen Adams (Chair of Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Sub-Group)
- Tom Overton (Chair of Development and Participation Sub-Group)*
- Bernie Plain
*This Subgroup is in the early stages of being formed.
Our Board Sub-Groups
The Welsh Athletics governance structure delegates authority to a number of key subgroups of the Board. The sub-groups will support the delivery of key strategic objectives, as well as providing oversight in key areas such as Governance and Finance & Audit.
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Subgroup
Oversees the recruitment and appointments process for all new Directors of the Company.
Membership of the panel varies by the role to be appointed and is fully described in the panel's terms of reference document (above)
President & Vice President of Welsh Athletics
- President of Welsh Athletics – Lynette Harries
- Vice President of Welsh Athletics – Graham Finlayson & Ian Griffiths