Creating a community where everyone is valued and supported within our sport.
- Invest in athlete and coach development structures
- Develop excellence – a focus on long term athlete and coach development
- Recruit & support officials to remain active
- Ensure athletics is a safe and inclusive sport for all
- Continue to forge strong links with Disability Sport Wales
- Recognise and value the contribution made by active volunteers
- Bring new people from all backgrounds into our athletics family
How will we measure success?
- Growth in active membership - Targets of 20,000 affiliated members, 4000 licenced and active coaches/Run Leaders, and 600 licenced officials by 2026
- Improve retention rates across the sport - in particular between junior age groups, reducing drop out between age groups to below 15%
- Number of coaches engaging with Regional and National Development Programmes
- 50% of clubs achieving ‘In Sport’ accreditation
- Ensure 80% completion rates for all coach and official’s education
- Monitoring specific supporting demographics to help increase membership diversity in all areas of the sport
View the next goal - ENGAGE
Useful pages within this section you may like to consider visiting.