Regional Councils play a key role in the Governance of Welsh Athletics. Every Region has a nominated person for each discipline group who will represent the views of the Region. The Regional Councils are also a place for clubs to discuss and share challenges and opportunities for future development.
The Regions also have two nominated representatives on the General Council – ensuring that clubs, coaches, officials and volunteers views, concerns and successes can be shared with others across Wales.
Every club can attend a Regional Council and they are encouraged to contact their Regional Council to see what support their Region can provide to them.
Every Region supports a competition structure, including Regional and Inter-Regional Championships - events that play a key role in athlete development pathway across all age groups.
Full details on the Regional Councils can be found in the byelaws of Welsh Athletics.
Chair: Mrs Kay Hatton
Secretary: Paul Brooks
- 15th March
- May 3rd
- June 14th (A.G.M.)
- September 6th
- November 1st
- Track and field (outdoor): Queensway Stadium, Wrexham, Saturday 11th May. (Indoor) Coleg Cambria, Connahs Quay, Saturday 11th January 2020 t.b.c.
- Fell/Mountain: Elidir Fawr 5.8 m fell race, Nant Peris, Sunday 1st September
- Cross Country: Rhug Estate, Corwen: Saturday 4th January 2020 t.b.c.
- Road running: Half marathon: Village Bakery, Wrexham Industrial Estate, Sunday 18th February
- Marathon: Run Wales, Wrexham town centre, Sunday 17th March
- 10 Miles: Run Wales, Rhyl promenade, Saturday 23rd February
- 5km: Run Wales, Rhyl promenade, Sunday 23rd June
- 10km: Helen Tipping Memorial, Wrexham Industrial Estate, Sunday 28th July
- 5 Miles: Pensarn Promenade, Abergele, Sunday November 3rd
- Trail: Fairy Freckled Cow race, at the Alwen reservoir in Denbighshire, Sunday 7th July
Chair: Hillary Gooding (interim)
Secretary: Bethan Akanbi-Mortimer – email@example.com
Meeting Dates: all at Newport Athletics Stadium
- Wednesday 13th March
- Wednesday 15th May
- Wednesday 3rd July (AGM followed by meeting)
- Wednesday 11th September
- Wednesday 13th November
- Track and Field – 11th May in Aberdare (with the South Regional Champs)
Geographical Boundary: Bridgend, Cardiff, Merthyr Tydfil, Rhondda Cynon Taff, Vale of Glamorgan (Caerphilly)*
Chair: Dai Williams
The next regional meeting is October 17th.
Championship Dates: (All dates being finalized at meeting on 21/02)
- The next championship events are junior hill running champs October 5th and Cross Country October 12th
Chair: Hedydd Davies
Secretary: Nathan Jones – firstname.lastname@example.org
Meeting Dates :
- Wednesday 13th March - Carmarthen Leisure Centre
- Trail - Red Kite Half Marathon, 10K and Junior (U20, U17, U15) - Saturday 4th May
- Track & Field – 11th May - Swansea