Regional Development Programme
The Regional Development Programme is the first step on the Athlete Development & Coach Development Pathway. The aim of RDP is to deliver event group specific training days for athletes and coaches across Wales.
The Regional Development Programme structure is underpinned by a complimentary set of athlete and coach competency that reinforce best practice coaching behaviours we wish to develop in the coaches and athletes who take part in this initiative.
The RDP is driven by the National Talent Development Coordinators and delivered by Regional Coordinators in each event group. Each regional development coordinator will have support coaches aligned to their event group who will assist in the delivery of the programme.
Regional Development Programme Aims:
- To introduce a holistic and process focused approach to long term athlete development
- To develop coaching knowledge, skills and behaviours to support “brilliant basics” in the early stage of event group development
- To develop a collaborative and skilled coaching network across each event group in every region of Wales
- To improve coach retention and encourage developing across the pathway
- To provide a fun and engaging training environments where everyone can enjoy the Sport
REGIONAL TRAINING DAYS
The Regional Training Days will be a 6-day modular offer over two years (2021/22 & 2022/23) across the four regions of Wales.
Any coach holding a UKA coaching assistant licence or above can attend the regional days. If you interested in booking on the 8/9th Oct 2022 date, click here.