Coach Assistant Support Programme – Pilot Project 2021
At Welsh Athletics we are committed to supporting the ongoing development of our community of coaching assistants, and would like to offer you the opportunity to develop your knowledge and skills with our virtual Coach Assistant Support Programme.
This programme will allow you to:
- Share your challenges around supporting athletes to develop and help you progress your problem-solving skills
- Help you to understand what it means to coach the person in front of you, whilst creating an inclusive experience.
You will be supported on your journey by coach, mentor and tutor Matt Wood. Matt has been a coach for last sixteen years - working with age group athletes across a range of individual and combined events, and he is currently responsible for the design and delivery of athletics and coaching science modules at Cardiff Metropolitan University. Matt has a wealth of experience and understands, not only the challenges of creating engaging, fun and effective training environments, but the struggles of juggling coaching with everyday life. Matt will provide you with a sounding board to explore how you approach the delivery of your sessions and help you to become the best coach you can be!
The programme will be shaped into 3 x 1.5hr workshop sessions over the course of 5 weeks and will cover;
- Activity and session design
- Individual and group coaching
- Making sense of athletes, as performers and learners, to improve development
- This will be achieved using a mix of problem solving and practical theory, providing you with solutions that can be applied directly to your own coaching.
Dates for this programme are tbd. To express your interest in attending this opportunity please click here.
Thank you for volunteering in your Club/School environments which allows so many of our young Welsh people to experience the sport of Athletics!
Useful pages within this section you may like to consider visiting.