Ensuring that everyone has the opportunity to participate and achieve
- Train, Inspire and empower run leaders to establish their own groups across Wales
- Develop the competition pathway to support long term athlete development and retention
- Collaborate with partners to ensure everyone, everywhere has access to relevant competition opportunities
- Provide the tools, training and resources to facilitate the removal of all barriers to participation
- Champion the health & wellbeing benefits of our sport at all levels
How will we measure success?
- 420,000 adults running every week in Wales by 2026
- Increase the demand for participation in Athletics and running
- Have 300 registered running groups, each one with a qualified Run Leader
- Increasing total opportunities to participate in each region of Wales
- Dedicated athletics facility in each Local Authority area
- Ensuring everyone has access to a local Club, Running group or free running opportunities
- To increase the number of athletes engaging with licensed competitions across Wales, specifically targeting under-represented groups
View the next goal - INSPIRE
Useful pages within this section you may like to consider visiting.