Who should go on this course?
Anyone who is interested in officiating the field events:
· Shot (including seated throws for disabled athletes)
· Discus (including seated throws for disabled athletes)
· Javelin (including seated throws for disabled athletes)
· Club Throw
· High Jump
· Long Jump
· Triple Jump
· Pole Vault
What will I learn on a Level 1 Field Judge course?
· How to follow a duty sheet
· Be able to list field events and the various roles covered
· Understand and describe Health and Safety issues in Field Officiating
· Application of the rules surrounding field officiating
· Ability to present the result card accurately
The Level 1 Photo finish course will outline the different tasks within the photo finish team, the role of an operator and the use of the equipment. The course is mainly of a practical involvement level to suit new Officials in this discipline (knowledge of Word or Excel is beneficial).
The Level 1 Timekeeping course is ideal for those with a high level of accuracy or those wishing to improve with experience and practice.
What will I learn on a Level 1 Race Walking course?
· Understand the difference between walking and running
· Know the rules of race walking
· Know what the judges’ paddles mean
· Begin to gain confidence in picking out infringements
· Understand the procedures for issuing cautions and red cards and recording these
· Understand the purpose and importance of the posting board and when/how the chief judge will disqualify a competitor
· Understand what makes a good Race Walking Judge