Corona Virus impact - Update & Event Postponements
26/03/2020 00:00, In Blog /
Athletics now shares the same goals as everyone else - protecting everyone from the Corona Virus and saving the NHS. Please be smart, do not train in groups, respect the health guidelines, look out for each other, stay physically active, stay well #SaveTheNHS #Coronavirus.
We have today, Tuesday 24th, issued an updated statement extending the restrictions on athletics in Wales.
Whilst these restrictions are in place we'll be collating and looking to provide opportunities to Stay Safe but Stay Competitive
All Welsh Athletics events are now postponed until the end of April
This includes a number of Welsh Representative Fixtures
Major Welsh, UK, & International Event postponement statements:
- Cardiff Bay 10k, ABP Newport Marathon, Welsh Castles Relays
- SIAB Schools Cross Country, 21st March
- Virgin London Marathon
- Great Welsh Marathon
- European 10,000m Cup and European Mountain Running Championships moved to 2021.
- European Athletics U18 Championships scheduled for 16-19 July in Rieti, Italy, will now not take place in 2020 - any new date will be communicated in due course.
- European Throwing Cup 2020, originally scheduled for 21-22 March in Portugal and earlier postponed, is now cancelled
- Tokyo 2020 Olympics postponed until 2021
Separate guidance for Competition Providers & Race Organisers issued by UK Athletics is here. If you are responsible for an event that is cancelled, please let us know via firstname.lastname@example.org and we will share this on our communication channels.