East Wales Cross Country Championships
16/09/2021 00:00, In Blog /
East Wales Cross Country Championships will be incorporated within the Cardiff Cross Challenge & Gwent League at Cardiff on 16th October.
If you want to enter Cardiff Cross (which forms part of the British Cross Challenge series) then you must do this separately. For Gwent League you must be entered separately via your team manager.
East Wales Cross Country Championships entry
- Clubs to register athletes by sending a list (club/name/age group) to Darryn McAtee. If necessary, individuals to register separately. All athletes must qualify for East Wales via birth, 9-month residence, or retention.
- All athletes must be registered members of a club and Welsh Athletics
- Email entries to Darryn McAtee (email@example.com).
- No on the day registration. However, you may email Darryn McAtee post-race but prior to East Wales results publication.
- Results will be produced following publication of the Gwent League results. Medals will be awarded after this, and hopefully by the next Gwent League meeting.
- In principle, all athletes of East Wales clubs will be included in East Wales results. The purpose of pre-registration is for clubs/athletes to acknowledge the Championships, and for athletes from non-East clubs to be included.
For this particular year, there is no entry fee.
- Medals for individual 1st/2nd/3rd in each age category up to Senior.
- Team medals (3 per team) for 1st/2nd/3rd in each age category up to Senior. U17/U20 Women will count as one age group for team results.
Selection for Welsh Inter-Regional Championships
- Likely to take place in mid-November but we await confirmation.
- 15 athletes selected per team (if as previous years).
- The First 6 in each age category in East Wales Championships were selected automatically.
- Further athletes selected on the basis of East Wales Championships and previous cross-country, road & track performance.
- All selected athletes will receive notification and must confirm acceptance of selection.