#BackOnTrack… Summer of Fun is a Summer full of Athletics - NEW sessions added
08/07/2021 00:00, In Blog /
With the Olympic and Paralympic Games taking place this summer, the events in Tokyo (23rd July – 8th August and 24th August – 5th September) will be sure to inspire the nation and there is no better time to no better time to get involved in athletics activities across Wales!
Whether your child is totally new to athletics or is already a member of a local club there are plenty of opportunities across the length and breadth of the country where you can start your journey in the sport.
From athletics camps to competitions, to club activity and free community sessions there is something for everyone. To see what you can get involved in your local area please view the timetable below (note: further dates and information will be added as appropriate).
Alternatively, you can search for our Starting Blocs summer camps here.
If you’re interested in delivering on any of our programs or if you’d like to volunteer with us over the summer, please complete this short survey & send a copy of your current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Starting Blocs Athletics Camps
Over the summer holidays, Starting Blocs (powered by Welsh Athletics) will be working with local athletics clubs to deliver athletics camps to children across Wales. The Starting Blocs athletics camp will cover all the various disciplines of athletics, introducing children to the sport in a fun and engaging way. Delivered by our expert coaches, many of whom coach at their local club, your child will have a great week learning new skills to support them in athletics & other sports.
The last day of the week will be a mini-Olympics day where children will put their new skills into practice and will each take part in a run, jump & throw to score points for their team.
You can view the sessions happening across Wales here, simply search by your child’s age to find an athletics camp near you, or read below for an overview of activity happening across Wales.
Please note times, dates and prices vary across Wales.
Monday 26th July – Friday 30th July
St Cyres School, Penarth | 5-11 year olds
- 5-8 year olds: https://welshathletics.coordinate.cloud/event/103130
- 9-11 year olds: https://welshathletics.coordinate.cloud/event/103131
Monday 2nd – Friday 6th August, Monday 9th August – Friday 13th August, Monday 16th – 20th August & Monday 23rd – Friday 27th August
Cardiff International Sports Campus | 7-12 year olds
Under 9s (7 & 8 year olds):
- Week 1 https://welshathletics.coordinate.cloud/event/102893
- Week 2 https://welshathletics.coordinate.cloud/event/102896
- Week 3 https://welshathletics.coordinate.cloud/event/102903
- Week 4 https://welshathletics.coordinate.cloud/event/102898
Under 11s (9 & 10 year olds):
- Week 1 https://welshathletics.coordinate.cloud/event/102899
- Week 2 https://welshathletics.coordinate.cloud/event/102901
- Week 3 https://welshathletics.coordinate.cloud/event/102897
- Week 4 https://welshathletics.coordinate.cloud/event/102905
Under 13s (11 & 12 year olds):