Annual General Meeting recap
The Welsh Athletics Annual General Meeting took place on the 23rd of October – the meeting used a blended approach, with members attending physically in the Mercure Hotel, Cardiff, and also via a video link.
At the meeting, a recap of the year was given by CEO James Williams, Head of Development and Participation Chris Moss and National Coach Chris Jones who provided an update on preparations for the 2022 Commonwealth Games. A summary of the Welsh Athletics finances was also presented by Non Executive Director Nick Everitt.
The following roles were confirmed for another term;
- President – Lynette Harries – 1 year term
- Vice Presidents – Graham Finlayson & Ian Griffiths – 2 year term
- Jamie Clode – Secretary of General Council – 2 year term
- Lynn Brier – Secretary of the Track and Field Committee – 2 year term
- Sharon Leech – Secretary of the Road & Cross Country Committee – 2 year term
- Arwel Lewis – Secretary of the Mountain Running Committee – 2 year term
- Matt Ward – Secretary of the Trail Running Committee – 2 year term
- Sue Hooper – Secretary to the officials committee – 2 year term
- Christine Vorres – Secretary to the Endurance officials committee – 2 year term
At the 2019 AGM a notice of motion was agreed to increase the athlete registration fees by £1 for the following 4 years, due to the pandemic, the increase was not adopted last year, however the increase in fees will now resume, and therefore the following athlete fees will be in place from April 1st 2022;
- Senior - £19.50
- Junior - £12
The Club affiliation fee will also increase to £100 as per the 2019 decision – this will take effect from April 1st 2022.
The membership also unanimously supported a number of changes to the articles and bye-laws. The main changes were as follows;
- To increase the number of life members from 10 to 15
- To change the residency period in the Welsh eligibility from 2 to 3 years – this is now in line with Commonwealth Games Wales, and therefore provides consistency in approach for all Welsh representation.
Our thanks to all members who supported the 2021 Annual General Meeting, the draft minutes will be posted on the AGM page, along with all papers that were distributed to members.
The 2022 AGM will take place on the 22nd of October.