2021 School Games National Finals
30/06/2021 00:00, In Blog / School News /
(formerly known as the UK School Games)
Since 2006, the School Games National Finals have provided the perfect opportunity for young athletes (U17s for non-para and U17&U20 for para-athletes) to experience a mini-Olympics, spectate other sporting events, stay in fantastic team accommodation, and competing as part of a wider team.
The School Games has seen many of its athletes go on to achieve the highest sporting accolades and success on national and international stages. Inspirational athletes including Jonnie Peacock, Morgan Lake, and Hannah Cockroft.
Due to the COVID 19 pandemic, the 2020 School Games National final was postponed. But we are pleased to report that the games will take place again in September 2021, with Athletics making up one of the 10 sports.
British Athletics and the designated lead organisations in England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, and Wales are keen to provide a competition opportunity, which brings the best athletes together at multi-sports games and links with the Home Country Talent Pathways. We have been working with the Youth Sports Trust to provide a revamped competition offer, which better meets the needs of the sport by:
- Providing increased numbers of athletes present at the games (increasing from 5 to 8 Teams)
- Selecting the best 8 athletes from across the UK, per event (male and female) and wherever possible, provides fair representation from the four home countries.
- Providing 8 evenly balanced teams, giving a better team competition experience.
- Linking directly with the Home Country Talent Pathway and Programmes.
For more information on the School Games National Finals please download the Selection Policies here:
- 2021 National School Games - Para Athletics Selection Policy
- 2021 School Games National Final Selection Policy
For any queries please email the following: