Development and Performance
This level of the pathway is for athletes with a focus on making the 2022 Commonwealth Games and has two tiers:
- TIER 1: COMMONWEALTH GAMES ATHLETE supports senior athletes who are likely to represent Wales at the next Commonwealth Games with a probability of winning a medal or achieving a top-6 finish. These athletes are also likely to be GB internationals challenging for major games places.
- TIER 2: COMMONWEALTH GAMES POTENTIAL supports a range of senior athletes from those who will be challenging for Commonwealth Games selection, to those on the cusp of making finals and challenging for medals.
- Direct Financial contribution to help with their individual athlete plan and coach development.
- Funded training camps and international competition opportunities
- Objective measures of technical and physical abilities to provide insight and interventions to enable development e.g. DEXA Scans, Bloods, Physiotherapy -subject to individual athlete plan
- Multi-Disciplinary Team + review meetings based around individual athlete plans and integration with Personal Coach and NTDC
- Organised training days and camps with education programme which ensures athletes & coaches are provided with the knowledge and tools to realise their potential.
- Access to performance support services.
- Access to performance training environments.
Tolerance tables for access to the Commonwealth Programme are presented below and are based a within ~5% of Commonwealth Games ‘A’ standard – a metric based on achieving a Top 6 performance.