Virtual classroom (Zoom) Level 1 Endurance Official 6-9pm 10 places remaining
Event Start: 31/07/2023 18:00
Event Ends: 31/07/2023 21:00
Monday 31st July
6-9pm (with breaks)
Location: Virtual classroom (once you register to the course via Athletics Hub your booking confirmation email with contain your Zoom link).
Following attendance on the Level 1 - Endurance Officials course candidates will have knowledge and understanding in the following areas:
- How endurance officials operate at road and cross-country races
- The requisite skills to be an endurance official
- The key officials who operate at an endurance event and their responsibilities
- Knowledge and application of rules
- Risk assessment and practical considerations
- Relationship with other officials and athletes
- The tools to do the job
- A working knowledge of the start, course and finish of an endurance event
- Appropriate attire/equipment
For more information on how to navigate Athletics Hub click here.
After the course to become a graded UKA Level 1 Endurance Licensed Official follow the steps below:
- You are required to complete a Risk Awareness course as part of the Level 1 - Endurance Officials course.
- Read the Health and Safety Guidance for Endurance Officials.
- Complete the online Safeguarding course**.
- Attend 4 varying* competition experiences and record in the Record of Experience form.
- Email both your accreditation form and ROE form to email@example.com for grading in order to receive for UKA Level 1 License.
*Any 4 from the following experiences will be accepted on an Endurance Officials Record of Experience sheet to attain a level 1 licence. No more than two of the same type of experience should feature. Three differing experiences should be achieved as a minimum:
**If you have already completed the Safeguarding in Athletics module as a coach/leader or as part of another volunteer role in athletics then there is not the requirement to complete it again until your licence is due for renewal.
More questions? To find out anything else about this course please contact firstname.lastname@example.org