Leadership in Running Fitness - Online Course
Event Start: 19/10/2022 19:00
Event Ends: 19/10/2022 20:30
Leadership in Running Fitness (LiRF) Online, Remote Practical & Virtual Classroom
The Leadership in Running Fitness (LiRF) course will focus on the safe organisation of achievable and progressive running activity and how to lead a group of runners of varying ability.
It focuses on understanding and overcoming barriers to participation in running and how to increase participation by those not traditionally attracted to a running club.
The online LiRF consists of three parts:
Part 1) 4 online modules
We encourage to complete the online modules before attending the online classroom session as tutors might refer to the content. However, it is not compulsory and you can attend the online session without completing the online modules. Please, note you won’t receive your qualification before you have completed the online modules.
Once I have booked you onto the course, you will have access to the online resources on athletics hub.
Go to online courses --> go to my learning --> a new tab opens (you might have to enable pop ups)
Part 2) 90min online classroom via zoom – set course date you book on
Part 3) Video Recording of a running session (can be done before the online session)
Ideally for the recording you would have a group of a minimum of five runners with mixed abilities.
You need a Run Leader or Coach to supervise your filming. Let me know if you don’t know anyone and we can get you in touch with someone.
I will give you access to dreams which is a platform we use to assess the video recordings. Usually, I add the course to the week before the course, but let me know once you have filmed yours and I will give you the access details.
You will need to upload
- 5min video of your warm-up
- 5mins of your main session
- Coach declaration – with support LiRF/Coach’s license number
Furthermore, you will need to
- complete the mandatory training on athletics hub which is included in the course price, it includes Safeguarding Certificate and First Aid Certificate
- complete a DBS check https://www.welshathletics.org/en/page/dbs - if you have an enhanced DBS send a copy to email@example.com they will decide if they accept it and add it manually to your profile
- upload a picture to myathletics portal Sign In | UK Athletics (same log in details as for athletics hub)
Cost: £145 Affiliated £175 Non-Affiliated
Course Code: WALiRF22.20
Closing Date for registration: 15th October 2022 (Or when filled to capacity)
More questions? To find out anything else about this course please contact firstname.lastname@example.org