CAMBRIAN NEWS ABERYSTWYTH 10K (VIRTUAL RACE)
Introducing the Cambrian News VIRTUAL Aberystwyth Charity 10k!
UK Athletics Race licence number 2020-41105
Entries are LIVE on this link:
Entry fee £8, your 10k race to be completed any time from Tuesday 1st December to Monday 7th December 2020.
Once you have entered, you will receive an e-mailed receipt and a confirmation e-mail. You should keep the confirmation e-mail in case you wish to transfer your entry to someone else (by simply editing your details to theirs).
Closer to race date, you will receive an e-mail with a downloadable race number, which you can print off and wear for a more realistic race experience!
You then walk, jog or run a 10k route of your choice and submit your result on-line (full details on how to do this will be provided by e-mail), then your result will appear on the leaderboard and this will be followed by a downloadable printable “virtual” medal!
Every finisher will also receive a commemorative coaster by post, kindly provided through sponsorship from the Cambrian News.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Follow government guidance regarding how many people you run with, maintaining social distancing, and travel restrictions in place at the time.
- Plan your route to avoid busy places, or run at a less busy time, being considerate and giving way to other path users.
- Tell someone where you’re going and carry “In Case of Emergency” contact details.
- It’s advisable to wear hi-viz/reflective clothing, especially if running in poor light or on public roads.
- The race is licensed by UK Athletics and participants are therefore covered for third party/public liability insurance. *Please Note* this insurance cover is only valid if you abide by UK Athletics race rules regarding: No headphones; No racing with dogs; No racing while pushing a buggy.
Feel free to use the regular Aberystwyth 10k route shown below!
Keep up to date during the lead up to this years event using the Aber 10K Facebook group.
For more information click here.
Useful pages within this section you may like to consider visiting.