5k Virtual Challenge
Welsh Athletics are pleased to launch the first of its Virtual Challenges for solo runs during the coronavirus pandemic.
With the Welsh 5K Championships no longer able to take place on the Early May Bank Holiday Weekend, we will be hosting a Virtual 5K Challenge to be completed between 00:00 on Friday 8th May and 23:59 on Sunday 10th May. Results can be submitted any time during this window.
- Entry will be free of charge with an optional charitable donation to Kidney Wales and will be open until 23:59 on Thursday 7th May. You will need your Membership Number/URN to enter.
- The first time you use Opentrack you will need to create an account, You will be either asked to log in or sign up when you click on the big green button. Once you have an account, the system remembers all your details.
- Results will be filtered by – age group (masters inc.), gender, & club (male & female)
Runners should ensure that they are adhering to social distancing laws at all times, and should follow the following guidelines:
- Avoid busy parks and routes wherever possible and always maintain a 2m gap from others when passing
- The Virtual 5K Challenge should be undertaken as part of an individual’s daily exercise allowance, and NOT in addition to any other form of daily exercise
- Do not drive somewhere to run
- Only one attempt with Strava or Garmin uploads will be accepted for the purpose of results
- Runs must be completed individually
- Further guidance on social distancing whilst running ENGLISH | CYMRAEG
Good Luck! Stay Safe.
Useful pages within this section you may like to consider visiting.