New Exercising Rule Welcomed
29/01/2021 00:00, In Blog /
From tomorrow, Saturday 30th January 2021, two people can meet locally to exercise together
The Welsh Government today announced a change to the guidance on exercising within Alert Level 4:
A maximum of two people from different households will be able to exercise outdoors together, as long as they maintain social distancing. This must involve exercise starting from and finishing from home – driving for exercise to beauty spots should still not take place.
This is a welcome change to the regulations which will allow people to run or train together, providing each other with support, motivation and an extra element of safety whilst exercising. We have asked for more detail around this change to the guidance and will provide an update as soon as we have more information.
A few reminders:
- Check all guidance that has been published, especially concerning social distancing and hygiene and any athletic specific guidance.
- Be aware guidance can change quickly and more restrictive rules may be applied in the future, so please refer to the Welsh Athletics website regularly.
- You can only meet with one other person locally - you should not travel* to meet up and exercise [*except where specific exemptions apply].
- At this point in time athletics and coaching activity can take place on a one-to-one basis only (i.e. one coach and one athlete OR two athletes with no coach present). These two individuals do not need to be from the same family household, but both must adhere to the latest social distancing guidance.
- Athletes should ensure they are prepared and have planned for circumstances where injuries or other accidents occur, and they have mitigating procedures and plans in place to resolve the issue while maintaining all government guidance.