During the suspension period, we'll be collating all the guidance, resources and coaching content here to provide a one-stop shop for you to check in on.
Here's full detail of everything that's on offer:
Welsh Athletics is delighted to announce the launch of the brand new online Coaching Resource Library available through the Athletics Hub platform.
At this moment in time - until May 2020 - UK Coaching is promoting FREE access to 10 pieces of content from their Learning and Development Platform (that would normally be paid for access)
- Tips for Using Imagery
- Tips for Practicing Gratitude
- Tips for Managing Uncertainty
- 5 Steps to managing yourself
- What does your Butterfly look like?
- We Coach Wales 30day Challenge
Our own Welsh Athletics existing bank of resources is also still available
Latest FAQS V2
- Guidance for running whilst social distancing ENGLISHCYMRAEG
One of 6 strategic goals is to #Inspire so we've been talking to some experienced coaches about how to coach at distance:
Anyone can learn for free on OpenLearn. The platform delivers bite-sized learning experiences to fit easily into daily life. There are no requirements to access the free materials. All of the courses enable you to earn a Statement of participation (although they do not carry any formal credit towards a qualification) and can be downloaded to use offline.
- Communication and working relationship in sport and fitness
- Exploring sport coaching and psychology
- Eating to win
- Recovery strategies in sport
- Exploring the psychological aspects of sports injury
- Exercise and mental health
- Learning from sport burnout and overtraining
- Improve aerobic fitness
- The science behind wheeled sports
- Working with young people in sport
- The impact of technology on children’s physical activity
- Physical activity: A family affair
- Motivation and factoring affect motivation
As well as all of the Phys Prep Lockdown Sessions