Level 1 Starter Assistant (WASA19.2) - Neath
Event Start: 27/07/2019 10:00
Event Ends: 27/07/2019 17:30
This Level 1 Starter/ Starters Assistant course is running alongside the Under 15 track and field league meeting so that trainee officials can be tutored whilst in a practical environment. Before the competition starts there will be an introduction hour. On the day you will have the opportunity to have a go at starting some races with the electronic gun. The Under 15 League meeting is an ideal environment for learning during a ‘live’ meeting alongside the starting team (under guidance); a practical alternative to purely classroom learning. (This day can be used as one of your 4 experiences for Level 1).
Duration: 1 Day
Date: Saturday 27th July 2019
Times: 10:00 – 17:30
What else do you need once you have booked on your course?
To complete your license, you'll need to have a valid DBS check cleared with UK Athletics. You can check your DBS status and complete the process by logging into the UKA Members Portal Login, following the instructions below:
1. Click the link for the "myATHLETICS portal"
2. Insert your username (URN)
3. Once you have logged in you will see your personal details section. At the bottom of the first section shows the current status of your DBS.
4. Click on the appropriate link to update your DBS. Follow the on-screen instructions.
5. Upload a passport style photograph.
When UK Athletics have received an electronic copy of your DBS certificate and your photograph has been uploaded, your licence will be produced and sent out.
More questions? To find out anything else about this course please contact firstname.lastname@example.org