#Unite Youth Development Conference – 27th March
08/02/2021 00:00, In Blog /
Welsh Athletics is committed to supporting coaches to create inclusive and engaging environments for young people in the sport of Athletics.
This year’s new virtual Youth Development Conference with a focus on providing an online learning experience for coaching assistants, leaders, and coaches delivering a range of Athletics from fundamentals to the foundation event group.
These sessions will provide the opportunity to connect with, and explore, concepts around the importance of physical literacy, movement skills, and our duty to care as coaches, which are all the key to unlocking the potential of young people on a journey in our sport.
- Fun Athletics for U11s – Exploring Starting Blocs – Hannah Pretty, Welsh Athletics, Club Development Officer
- Movement skills for Running, Jumping and Throwing – Paul Moseley, England Athletics Coach, and Tutor Development Manager
- The Duty to Care Toolkit – How to create more holistic and positive coaching benefits for all – Heather Douglas UKCoaching Head of Policy and Impact
There will also be virtual workshops with each of our National Talent Development Coordinators who will be working with you to delve into the key areas of development for foundation event group athletes.
- How to get a great start – Exploring various starting positions/progressions & when to introduce starting blocks – Matt Elias, Welsh Athletics NTDC Speed
- Performance vs Process: Win or Learn? – Exploring appropriate competitive endurance opportunities to support the development of young athletes - Liz Davies, Welsh Athletics NTDC Endurance
- Step by step guide to developing a young thrower - Case study– Ryan Spencer- Jones, Welsh Athletics NTDC Throws
- Stronger, faster, higher? - Exploring the importance of speed and strength for the development of a young jumper – Fyn Corcoran, Welsh Athletics NTDC Jumps
We look forward to welcoming our members to our virtual conference on Saturday 27th March and exploring together the needs of developing young people across the pathway.
We want you to make the most out of the conference, use the document below to capture thoughts from the day or to set yourself some achievable goals. Write down your thoughts from the Youth Development Conference.
If you would like any further information about the Youth Development Conference, please email Zoe Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org.