#Unite Workshop Series is Back!
27/08/2021 00:00, In Blog /
Welsh Athletics are committed to supporting the long-term development of our leaders and coaches, and endeavour to take a holistic and person-centred approach to looking after our community’s well-being and volunteer experience. The Unite Workshop Series hopes to create a sharing platform for our coach/leader community to come together and learn from each other’s experiences, exploring key themes, skills and challenges that may have previously been, or currently be, impacting on your coach or leader experience. After such an unprecedented 18 months, it is perhaps more important than ever to manage energy levels, expectations and prioritise self-care.
We kicked off the series in June with a nod to Well-being, exploring what factors contribute to wellbeing and how to allow yourself the space to develop as a coach or leader. To review the content from that session please click here.
The September workshop bounces of the Well-being topic and will explore Self Belief and Challenging Negative Thoughts.
The session objectives are;
- Brief recap of factors that contribute to well-being and the “vicious cycle”
- Explore the link between well-being and self-belief
- Understand how to identify, challenge and positively reframe negative thoughts.
- Setting and managing expectations to create your own psychological safety to develop as a coach
To register for this workshop on Sep 19th (6.30 – 8:00pm) please click here.
The following #Unite Network Workshop Series will include;
- Working with a Coach/Leader Team Workshop – Sunday Oct 17th 2021
- How to Establish your own Group in a Club Environment Workshop - Sunday Nov 28th 2021
- Courageous Conversations: Communication Skills and Managing Challenge Workshop – Sunday Feb 7th 2022
- Tips and Tricks for Team Management Workshop – Sunday March 27th 2022