UK Athletics seeking new Chair
11/08/2021 00:00, In Blog /
UK ATHLETICS NON-EXECUTIVE CHAIR
Athletics is where it all begins. Learning to run, jump, push and throw is the foundation for a lifetime of activity. From playground to podium our sport offers everybody, irrespective of size, shape, cultural background or disability, the opportunity to achieve great things and to live a healthier and happier life. Athletics is the number one Olympic and Paralympic sport and one of the world’s few truly global sports, with over 200 countries participating at the last World Athletics Championships.
The long-term strategy for the sport is owned equally by UK Athletics (UKA) and the four Home Country Athletics Federations (HCAFs). In November 2020, UKA and the HCAFs collectively issued a new strategy, Athletics Unified, representing a new era of collaboration. UKA is the National Governing Body for Athletics in the UK. Our four primary roles are: governance of the sport, developing athletes, coaches and officials to achieve success on the world stage, securing commercial income to fund the sport and staging world class events. UKA is seeking a new Chair to lead the organisation.
THE ROLE: KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Working in partnership with the HCAFs to oversee the delivery of the Athletics Unified Strategy.
- Leading the Board to oversee the delivery of the UKA Plan.
- Developing a Board culture that is open, collaborative and drives behaviours consistent with UKA’s values.
- Overseeing the decision-making processes on major strategic, commercial and governance issues.
- Overseeing UKA’s accountability to UK Sport, Sport England, sponsors and commercial partners.
- Overseeing the delivery of the World Class Performance Programme and the associated targets for success on the world stage.
- Ensuring UKA has robust and clear governance processes, fully aligned with the HCAFs and understood by the sport.
- Leading the development of the Board, ensuring composition meets the skills matrix and complies with the Code for Sports Governance.