Regional Development Programme 2022/23
With an inspiring summer of Athletics behind us, Welsh Athletics are excited to launch this year’s Regional Development Programme dates. The dual development programme for athletes (14-17 years), and all licensed coaching assistants/coaches, kicks off on the 8th/9th Oct at various venues across Wales. The 2 hour development sessions (10am-12pm) are event group specific, comprised of technical and physical components.
Why not come along have some fun, socialise, while developing your skills and knowledge with the up-and-coming athletes and coaches in your region.
Regional Development Programme Aims:
- To introduce a holistic and process focused approach to long term athlete development
- To develop coach and athlete knowledge, skills and behaviours to support “brilliant basics” in the early stage of event group development
- To develop a collaborative and skilled coaching network across each event group in every region of Wales
- To improve athlete & coach retention and encourage development across the pathway
- To provide a fun and engaging training environments where everyone can enjoy the Sport
To book on to attend the RDP day on Oct 8th & 9th, as a coach or an athlete, click here.