National Development Programme October Camp 2022
The first National Development Programme (NDP) camp of the year took place this weekend at the National Indoor Athletics Centre (NIAC) in Cardiff.
During Saturday, athletes engaged in performance profiling of physical and physical to help inform areas of focus for the athlete-coach pair moving forward. In the afternoon the event group specific session explored key technical competencies for event disciplines across Throws, Jumps, Endurance and Speed.
On Sunday, athletes got creative designing meal ideas and making post training recovery snacks, to continue to develop their practical nutrition knowledge and skills. In the afternoon there was further event technical exploration with athlete coach pairs around key performance factors for progression of athletes.
The day was topped off with all event groups taking part in a Weightlifting Wales led education workshop. This coach and athlete facing practical session assessed the current movement competency of athletes and providing feedback and S&C progression ideas.
Welsh Athletics would like to thank all the athletes and coaches that were part of the weekend's activity, and look forward to supporting you over the next year of development.
Extended thanks also go to our partners and delivery support on the day:
- Cardiff Metropolitan University
- Performance Profiling Support: Dan Nash, Jac Palmer, Aislin Fields, Liam Pratt, Dan Rabbitt,
- Sport & Exercise Psychologist: Sarah Carvell
- Sports Nutritionist: Lucy Marland
- Weightlifting Wales - Simon Roach, Christie Marie & Ania Negle
- Event Group Technical Support:
- Throws: Adrian Palmer, Paul Jensen, Mark Bradford & Stuart Carlew
- Speed: Dave Norton, Elis Pryse & Doug Turner
- Jumps: Sharon Heveran, Phil Warwicker & Jess Hardy