WSAA Virtual Programme
19/11/2020 00:00, I Mewn Blog /
In addition to the Sportshall Pentathlon Challenge currently on offer to primary and secondary schools across Wales, Welsh Schools and Welsh Athletics today launches the second part of its “virtual” competition programme.
Again, it is hoped that these events will be run during normal lesson time, allowing children to remain within Year Group bubbles, distances run should also allow for completion within normal lesson times.
Cross Country (1) – “XC Challenge”
- Window: Monday, November 30th. to Friday December 18th.
- Requirement: Schools and colleges will need a flat, accurately measured 1k loop within grounds.
- Age Groups (Boys and Girls): Year 7/8 (Under 13), Year 9/10 (Under 15) and Year 11/14 (Under 17/20).
- Distances: Under 13 (2k), Under 15 (3k), Under 17/20 (4k).
- Primary Schools: Primary Schools 1k Challenge, Year 5/6 (Under 11).
- Welsh Colleges 4k Challenge – A separate 4k Challenge for Colleges across Wales (results will also be included in the main Under 17/20 age group).
The entries and results spreadsheet are included here as downloads – there is NO REQUIREMENT to register entries beforehand, simply complete your entries and results (full instructions on this are also attached) and return by Friday, December 18th. for inclusion in the National results.
- Teacher Guidance Notes
- WSAA Virtual XC PRIMARY TEACHER Programme
- WSAA Virtual XC SECONDARY TEACHER Programme
PLEASE READ THE GUIDANCE NOTES BEFORE ENTERING AN ENTRY OR RESULT DATA ONTO THE SPREADSHEETS.
Good luck to all Schools and athletes taking part.