Welsh Athletics & Run Wales National Awards 2021 – Now open for Nominations!
Welsh Athletics & Run Wales are excited to announce that nominations are now open for the annual National Awards for 2021. This year has seen our athletics and running community return to sport and navigate the ‘new normal’ with exceptional resilience and enthusiasm. The National Awards are a chance to celebrate and unite all aspects of our sport, from the elite to the grassroots, from coaches and officials to our volunteers.
Hannah Pretty, interim Head of Development & Participation
This year’s award categories are listed below and details of Awards eligibility can be read here
- Club of the Year
- Junior Club of the Year
- Development Club of the Year
- Volunteer of the Year
- Services to Club Development
- Newcomer to Officiating
- Official of the Year
- Performance Coach of the Year
- Participation Coach of the Year
- Senior Female
- Junior Female
- Senior Male
- Junior Male
- Performance of the Year (Shortlist to be drawn up by the Welsh Athletics Performance Team and is subject to a public / open voting process to determine the winner of this award).
Run Wales Awards
- Run Wales Group of the Year
- Run Wales Group Leader of the Year
- Run Wales Inspiration Award
To nominate a person / club / group for an award, please complete the nomination form:
- Deadline for nominations is Thursday 27th January 2022.
All nominations will be considered by the awards panel, and successful nominees notified early February 2022. The Welsh Athletics & Run Wales Awards Dinner will be held on Saturday 5th March 2022 at The Vale Resort, Hensol as part of the National Conference and Awards weekend. Information on purchasing tickets for the awards dinner will be available in due course. We look forward to celebrating the successes of 2021 with you!