Welsh Athletics Conference and Awards Weekend 2019
30/09/2019 00:00, I Mewn Blog /
We are pleased to announce that the 2019 Conference and Awards Weekend will take on 19 and 20 October at The Vale Resort, Hensol.
2019 has been a fantastic year for the sport in Wales with more clubs and groups making themselves great, coaches and leaders providing athletes with the opportunity to improve, athletes performing exceptionally on the international stage and, our inspirational volunteers playing a vital part in the development and delivery of our Sport. We hope to see you all on the 19 and 20 October to help to celebrate and continue this success.
The weekend will feature the Annual (Clubs and Run Wales) Conference, Celebration and Awards Dinner and National Coaching Conference. The conference will be held over two days and consists of:
Saturday 19 October: Annual (Clubs and Run Wales) Conference featuring;
- Breakfast Run — an opportunity to stretch your legs and have a friendly, social run before the conference starts.
- A range of speakers and presenters covering key topics to help support all roles across the sport
- Club and Group workshops sharing best practice and interacting in a positive, progressive environment
- Drop-in club support clinics
- The opportunity to hear from and interact with members of the Welsh Athletics and Run Wales teams
- Practical tips and ideas for all delegates to take away.
Saturday 19 October (Evening): Celebration and Award Dinner, including;
- A chance to celebrate everything good that has happened across the sport over the last 12 months and the presentation of the Annual Awards across all categories; Clubs, Groups, Volunteering, Officiating, Coaching and, of course, the Athlete of the Year awards!
Sunday 20 October: National Coaching Conference;
Featuring a range of international presenters and performance focussed workshop sessions. The day will navigate the challenges of supporting the long term development of athletes at all levels with a focus on working together to develop and share good practice.
Key topics include;
- 3 x Olympic Medallist Kelly Southerton will deliver the keynote speach
- Athlete retention session — what this means for our sport
- Practical coaching workshop offers across all Event Groups (Speed, Endurance, Jumps and Throws).
- Interactive opportunities to grow knowledge and skills within the technical aspects of coaching.
- Coaching Styles workshop — how to create engaging and effective training environments
- The launch of Coach and Athlete Development Programmes
- An opportunity to hear from and interact with new Welsh Athletics National Talent Development Coordinators
- Timetable availible here
NOTE: UPDATED TIMETABLES FOR BOTH CONFERENCES WILL BE RELEASED SHORTLY