Celebrating Female Coaching
05/03/2021 00:00, In Blog /
In conjunction with this year’s International Women’s Day, Welsh Athletics is excited to announce the launch of the #Unite Female Coaching Initiative. This positive action movement is aimed at;
- Celebrating the achievements of our female coach and leader community.
- Encouraging and supporting more female coaches to not only get involved in coaching but to progress on their coaching journeys in Athletics.
- Creating a platform to access a positive and inclusive support network.
To help champion the coaching opportunities in our Sport we are working with 15 female coach Ambassadors across Wales;
- Lisa Waddon (CMSA)
- Lucy Griffiths (Pembrokeshire Harriers/Cardiff AAC)
- Gwennan Lewis (Swansea Harriers/Cardiff Met AC)
- Anna Paterson (Rhymney Valley AC)
- Carol Jones (Carmarthenshire Harriers)
- Sarah Kearney (Wirral AC)
- Tania Williams (Deeside AC)
- Lynne Brier (Swansea Harriers)
- Megan Hunter (Wrexham AC)
- Emma Loyns (Ogmore Phoenix Runners)
- Amy Crocombe (Deeside AC)
- Wendy Slade (Swansea Harriers)
- Lorraine Graham- Mulvaney (Cardiff AAC)
- Judith Gooding (Swansea Harriers)
- Alyson Hourihan (Cardiff AAC)
For the next 12 months, these Ambassadors will be sharing their stories, and insight, online and across a series of virtual networking opportunities. These will be accessible to all female leaders and coaches. With a sprinkling of guest speakers, we hope that this will be the platform to share ideas, ask questions and create a support network for more coaches in our sport in 2021 and beyond.
Each Ambassador has been matched with a female coach mentor to support their coach development journey alongside their Ambassadorship and Welsh Athletics is very pleased to announce that those mentors are; Kelly Sotherton, Laura Kerr, Helen Clitheroe, Amy Foster, and Laura Turner-Alleyne.
There is also an exciting opportunity to receive funded support to become an Athletics Coach or Coach in Running Fitness. This is a limited offer and if you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please complete the application form and email it to Zoe Brown before 4 pm on April 1st, 2021.
For more information on the campaign email email@example.com