Performiad a Datblygu
Regional Development Programme
Regional Development Programme (RDP) is the first step on the Athlete Development Pathway. The aim of RDP is to deliver event group specific training days for athletes and coaches across Wales.
Regional Development Programme will be underpinned by Regional Development Programme athlete and coach competency frameworks.The Regional Development Programme Coach and Athlete Competency Frameworks lay out the skills, knowledge and behaviours we wish to develop in the coaches and athletes who take part in this initiative. RDP Coach Competency Framework and RDP Athlete Competency Framework.
The RDP is driven by the National Talent Development Coordinators and delivered by Regional Coordinators in each event group
Each regional development coordinator will have support coaches aligned to their event group who will assist in the delivery of the programme.
Regional Development Activity Aims:
- To introduce a holistic and process focused approach to long term athlete development
- To develop “brilliant basics” in the early stage of event group development
- To develop a collaborative and skilled coaching network across each event group in every region of Wales
- To improve athlete retention in U17 and U20 age groups
- To provide a fun and engaging training environment for young athletes
REGIONAL TRAINING DAYS
The Regional Training Days will be a 6-day modular offer over two years across the four regions of Wales.
The Regional Training Days are led by the Regional Leads and the Regional Support Coaches. They will provide Event Group level athletes and their coaches with an opportunity to acquire, develop, apply, and embed the knowledge and skills they need to create positive and effective training environments across Wales. The days will be a mixture of both skills based and education-based learning focusing on development of technical, physical and athlete lifestyle and behaviours.