Disability Inclusion Training Opportunities
07/01/2021 00:00, I Mewn Blog /
With the recent Lockdown in Wales we at Welsh Athletics wanted to provide our members with opportunities for e-learning. As part of our partnership with DSW, members can access all these excellent courses for FREE.
|Autism Awareness Workshop||The workshop aims to increase knowledge and awareness of the needs of individuals with autism, and how to support children and adults with autism access your sport club and activities.|
|Mental Awareness for Sports Clubs||
Mental Health awareness is essential to equip people with tools, understanding and confidence to deal with all kinds of mental ill-health and wellbeing issues. Given the current climate in the UK surrounding mental health, the likelihood of encountering issues both personally, and professionally is almost guaranteed.
Mental Health awareness is for everyone. This is an introductory session for anyone involved with a community sport club.
Training is essential to equip people with tools, understanding and confidence to deal with all kinds of mental ill-health and wellbeing issues.
|Adults at Rish Training||
This three-hour course aims to provide awareness of safeguarding adults at risk in sport and activity for anyone within a sport or activity environment. Training will be tailored to support sports clubs in Wales. The aims of the workshop include;
• Explore responsibilities in relation to safeguarding (organisational, local and legislative).
• Identify the signs and symptoms types of abuse, and factors affecting risk of abuse.
• Look at what consists of poor practice.
• Know who to go to if you have a safeguarding adults concern.
|UK Disability Inclusion Training (Coaches & Volunteers)||
The overall aim of this workshop is to ensure that disabled people get great quality coaching and opportunity within your sport. The session will help you apply information relating to the Sports Inclusion Model and STEPS to your environment. This will include ideas about how to develop and adapt skill-based activities which are relevant to your sport.
Within the workshop you will cover:
• Apply inclusive practice into your policies and practice
• Demonstrate effective communication to engage and motivate all individuals
• Identify sources of reliable further information and guidance relevant to physical activity (including (disability) sport)
You can find out more about each course from the 26/01/2021 - 29/03/2021 by going to the link below: