GEORGE CRUMP M.B.E. MEMORIAL - WELSH CROSS COUNTRY CHAMPIONSHIPS 2011
Glyndwr University, Northop Campus, Near Mold, North Wales
Saturday 19th February 2011 – 12:00 noon Start
Clubs & athletes are reminded the event is only open to Welsh Athletes who fulfil the following criteria, as outlined on the entry form :-
REGISTRATION & ELIGIBILITY
- All athletes must be currently registered with Welsh Athletics.
- All competitors must have at least one of the following qualifications:
- Birth: the athlete having been born in Wales
- Parentage: one or both parents born in Wales
- Residence: a minimum of 2 years' continuous residence in Wales immediately prior to the event to be completed and agreed by the Welsh Athletics office.
- Retention: athletes who have competed for Wales at International level under the residence qualification retain their Welsh eligibility, regardless of residence, until such time as they compete for another country (but not another area)
NOTE: For an athlete to compete they must be eligible to compete for Wales
NOTE : Senior and Under 20 Athletes
This event will form a basis for selection for the Welsh team to compete in the Home Countries International, in Antrim, Northern Ireland on Saturday 26th March 2011.
Selection will be first 2 in the Welsh Championships plus the first 2 in the UK InterCounties. The team will consist of 4 Under 20’s athletes (UKA age group) and 4 Senior athletes for both male and female. It has been agreed that only under 20 athletes will be selected for under 20 places (no u17’s).
NOTE: Welsh eligibility permitting and taking into consideration Welsh Schools selection for the same fixture
CLOSING DATE FOR ENTRIES IS FRIDAY 11TH FEBRUARY 2011