Regional Councils play a key role in the Governance of Welsh Athletics. Every Region has a nominated person for each discipline group who will represent the views of the Region. The Regional Councils are also a place for clubs to discuss and share challenges and opportunities for future development.
The Regions also have two nominated representatives on the General Council – ensuring that clubs, coaches, officials and volunteers views, concerns and successes can be shared with others across Wales.
Every club can attend a Regional Council and they are encouraged to contact their Regional Council to see what support their Region can provide to them.
Every Region supports a competition structure, including Regional and Inter-Regional Championships – events that play a key role in athlete development pathway across all age groups.
Full details on the Regional Councils can be found in the byelaws of Welsh Athletics.
22 March, 3 May, 14 June (AGM), 6 September, 1st November
Chair – Hillary Gooding (interim)
Secretary – Bethan Akanbi-Mortimer – email@example.com
Meeting Dates – all at Newport Athletics Stadium
- Wednesday 13th March
- Wednesday 15th May
- Wednesday 3rd July (AGM followed by meeting)
- Wednesday 11th September
- Wednesday 13th November
Championship Dates – Track and Field – 11th May – Aberdare (with the South Regional Champs)
Geographical Boundary: Bridgend, Cardiff, Merthyr Tydfil, Rhondda Cynon Taff, Vale of Glamorgan (Caerphilly)*
* Existing text regarding Caerphilly
- Chair - Dai Williams
- Secretary - Jamie Clode – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Meeting Dates - 24/04 Pontyclun – Ysgol y Pant, 25/06 TBC
- Championship Dates - All dates being finalized at meeting on 21/02
- Track & Field Championships – 11th May – Aberdare (with the East Wales Champs)
Chair: Hedydd Davies
Secretary: Nathan Jones – email@example.com
Meeting Dates: Wednesday 13th March - Carmarthen Leisure Centre.
- Trail - Red Kite Half Marathon, 10K and Junior (U20, U17, U15) - Saturday 4th May
- Track & Field – 11th May - Swansea