Public Liability Insurance provision for your registered athletes, coaches and officials to protect your members during club activities.
- All affiliated clubs have a dedicated page on the ‘clubs’ section of the Welsh Athletics website detailing key information and contacts (www.welshathletics.org).
- Your club members have access to a year round competition programme across all disciplines, all age groups, all ability levels and all regions. Club members are eligible to compete at championship events (regional and national) as well as international opportunities (as appropriate).
- Club access to the UK individual registration system, with support and assistance from Welsh Athletics staff in administering your club membership database and in using the UK registration system.
- All Affiliated clubs are eligible to receive places at the Virgin Money London Marathon - allocated based upon number of registered athletes aged over 18 (minimum membership numbers apply).
- Dedicated support from Welsh Athletics staff including local Club Network Officers and the Competition Team to help and support club competition organisers.
- Support for your club coaches through workshops and visits to support club, coach and athlete development.
- Your affiliated club registered members also receive a £2 discount on race entry fees across a number of licenced road race events.
- Affiliated clubs have additional access to funding programmes and grant funding such as; Community Chest, Development Grants and Club Development Grassroots Funding.
- Discounts on coaching courses for registered club members (Leadership in Running Fitness, Coaching Assistant, Athletics Coach and Coach in Running Fitness qualifications).
- Your club will be eligible for recognition as part of the National Annual Awards programme.
- Your members Access to national and regional events, seminars, conferences and technical workshops which support coaches, officials, athletes and volunteers across the sport.
- Access to the most up to date resources for clubs, coaches, teachers and officials.
Club affiliation and athlete registration form part of the UKA Rules for competition. Eligibility to enter competitions as a club or individual depends on affiliation (club) and registration (individual) status. Please see www.britishathletics.org.uk/competitions/rules for full information.