Virtual classroom Level 1 Photo Finish (WAPF21.3) 4 spaces available!
Event Start: 29/07/2021 18:00
Event Ends: 30/07/2021 20:30
4 spaces avaliable
You will need to have a Windows PC/Laptop in order to download the required software needed for this course.
The Level 1 Photo finish course will outline the different tasks within the photo finish team, the role of an operator and the use of the equipment. The course is mainly of a theory involvement level to suit new Officials in this discipline (knowledge of Word or Excel is beneficial). To follow up this training opportunity we will be scheduling a practical technician session to learn how to set up the equipment for competitions.
Who should go on this course?
Anyone with an interest in using technology to determine race positions.
What will I learn?
· Understand how a photo finish picture is created.
· Be able to interpret a picture effectively and produce a correct result.
PRIORITY FOR WELSH RESIDENTS
Officials outside of Wales please email firstname.lastname@example.org
What else do you need once you have booked on your course?
To complete your license, you'll need to have a valid DBS check cleared with UK Athletics. You can check your DBS status and complete the process by logging into the UKA Members Portal Login, following the instructions below:
1. Click the link for the "myATHLETICS portal"
2. Insert your username (URN)
3. Once you have logged in you will see your personal details section. At the bottom of the first section shows the current status of your DBS.
4. Click on the appropriate link to update your DBS. Follow the on-screen instructions.
5. Upload a passport style photograph.
6. Complete the free online Health and Safety module.
More questions? To find out anything else about this course please contact email@example.com