To support Venue Operators and clubs to run safe, well managed Track & Field Facilities, UK Athletics have launched a brand new 'Free Online Learning Opportunity' which is available to all FREE of charge.
This course is designed for leisure/track managers, grounds staff, athletics club members, officials, and anyone with an interest in athletics facility management. It is designed to:
- Provide safe, functional facilities that meet the intended use
- Reduce capital repairs and cost
- Reduce unscheduled shutdowns and repairs
- Extend equipment and facility life
- Maximise lifecycle cost savings
The course content includes:
- Operator responsibilities
- Different types of athletics facilities
- Looking after your facility:
- Track surfaces
- Infield and field events
- Venue safety and risk assessments
- Producing your own facility operations manual
- Course assessment – 30 minute multi choice assessment exercise
To access the course simply click here and follow the “How to Book” instructions which can be on the right side of the page.
Please note: Users without a UK Athletics U-Learn login will be required to create an account by clicking the register button on the course booking page. Also note, your registration can take up to two working days to be approved before you can access the course.