Rhydycar Leisure Centre, Merthyr Tydfil, South Wales, CF48 1UT
- A scenic, accurately measured 10K race route, mainly along the Taff Trail
- Course measurement certificate
- Start, Finish & Race HQ at Rhydycar Leisure Centre (CF48 1UT)
- Category Prizes, Changing & Showers / Refreshments / Baggage area.
- First Aid Provision & Water stations
- Unfortunately the course is not suitable for wheelchair athletes
- Run under Welsh Athletics rules - race permit applied for
- Race numbers are to be collected on the day
- No entry fees can be refunded or deferred, even if the race is cancelled or re-scheduled
- Baggage storage (at the competitors own risk)
The race heads North towards Merthyr College to do a short loop (keep left), then turns and heads down the Taff Trail to Troedyrhiw where you turn back to the finish at Race HQ on the same section of Taff Trail as the outward leg. It is predominantly a tarmacadam surface. The course map will be available nearer the race date.
Please Note: Headphones/Personal Stereos are not to be worn at this race as marshal's instructions must be obeyed at all times, people contravening this rule will face disqualification.
Affiliated (inc. RunBritain members): £10
Race limit is 400 runners
Minimum age is 18 years of age on race day.