Have you been inspired by someone in our sport? Has an athlete’s performance inspired you? Has your coach provided you with a great experience? Are you proud of what your club has achieved?
The #Inspiredby2017 Welsh Athletics Awards programme will see clubs, groups, athletes as well as many volunteers from across the country recognised for their contributions in supporting the development of athletics in Wales.
Nominations are now open and we welcome nominations from across the sport for all categories. Award categories will recognise the work of; clubs, volunteers, officials and coaches as well as the performances of our athletes across all disciplines. This year again we will also feature the Run Wales awards which will recognise both the Run Leader of the Year and overall Group of the Year.
Nominate here: https://goo.gl/tZkXPa
Please note: The closing date for nominations is Friday 1st September 2017. This year the National Awards will be presented at the Welsh Athletics Awards Dinner, part of the Welsh Athletics Conference Weekend, on Saturday 21st October at the Coldra Court Hotel, Newport.
Ticketing information relating to both the Awards Dinner and the Conference Weekend can be found here: https://goo.gl/zVkUNK
Please note; Details of the Welsh Athletics Service Awards can be found here. Service Award nominations (Award of Meritorious Service and Award of Honour) are open until Friday 15th September 2017.
National Award Categories
- Track & Field Club of the Year
- Off Track Club of the Year
- Junior Track and Field Club of the Year
- Junior Off Track Club of the Year
- Inclusivity Club of the Year
- Development Club of the Year
- Volunteer of the Year
- Services to Club Development
- Newcomer to Officiating
- Young Official of the Year
- Off Track Official of the Year
- Track & Field Official of the Year
Coach of the Year
- Performance Coach – Track & Field
- Performance Coach – Off Track
- Participation / Development Coach – Track & Field
- Participation / Development Coach – Off Track
- Run Leader of the Year
- Group of the Year
Performance Athlete of the Year
- Senior Male – Track & Field
- Senior Male – Off Track
- Senior Female – Track & Field
- Senior Female – Off Track
- Junior Male – Track & Field
- Junior Male – Off Track
- Junior Female – Track & Field
- Junior Female – Off Track